If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should contact us here.
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected through this Web site;
- The organization collecting the information;
- How the information is used;
- With whom the information may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information;
- The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information under Sport Chalet's control; and
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
"Cookies" are files stored on your computer's hard drive by your browser. These cookies help us identify our account holders and optimize their shopping experience. They do not include any data that will identify you personally. They will, however, allow you to use some specialized www.sportchalet.com features. Cookies also allow us to hold selections in your shopping cart when you leave our site without checking out. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but allow you to disable them if you wish.
External Links/Framed Webpages
Receiving Promotions and Information Through Email
From time to time, we will contact you about sales, special offers and new site features if you agreed to be included in our email lists. To customize the information you want to receive from us, simply sign on and select the specific information you wish to receive. To cancel our free emails, you can unclick the "I would like to receive emails about special promotions" box each time you make a purchase. You can also respond to any promotional email we send you, placing "REMOVE" in your subject line to discontinue email service.
We may also contact you with promotional offers if you have entered one of our contests or sweepstakes. If you choose not to receive this free service when you enter a contest or sweepstakes, it will not affect your chances of winning. You can also opt out of this free service by unclicking the "I would like to receive emails about special promotions" box associated with each contest or sweepstakes, replying to any email and placing "REMOVE" in your subject line or notifying us that you want to unsubscribe to our free email services via email by completing the Customer Feedback Form in the Helpdesk Section or telephone 1.888.801.9162.
E-mail to a Friend
Users of this web site have the opportunity to e-mail their friends. In order to accomplish this, you must provide to us your friend's names and e-mails addresses. We only use your friend's information to send them the product pages you requested that they receive.
Our Third Party Relationships
We have established several relationships with third parties vendors to best serve our customers.
Additionally, From time to time, we share non-personal, non-individual statistical information with our marketing partners, advertisers or other third parties for research purposes. That is, we will not tell our marketing partners that you purchased a specific product, but we may tell them how many customers purchased that product.
- Web Site Evaluation: From time to time, we engage certain third parties to observe, track and report on the behavior of the users of this Web Site in order to evaluate the performance and features of this Web Site. These third parties will only have access to information to the extent necessary and will be required to not use any personal information for any other purpose.
- Marketing and Promotions: From time to time, we engage certain third parties to assist in the dissemination of marketing and promotional offers (i.e. e-mails) to those customers who have agreed to receive such offers. These third parties will only have access to information to the extent necessary and will be required to not use any personal information for any other purpose.
- Additional Third Party Relationships: From time to time, we engage other third parties to assist in providing marketing, order processing, fulfillment and shipping services. These third parties will only have access to information to the extent necessary and will be required to not use any personal information for any purpose other than providing such services.
If we are going to use your personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify you via email. You will have a choice as to whether or not we use your information in this different manner. In addition, if we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect user information already stored in our database, we will post a prominent notice on our web site notifying users of the change. In some cases where we post the notice we will also email users, who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices.
Questions About Our Policies
If you have any questions regarding your privacy or any of our policies, please contact us.