|Previous||Home||Shop Santa Cruz||Technology||Riders||In Action||Next|
Santa Cruz bicycles reflect the passion for riding, and they stand as a testament to Santa Cruz's ongoing desire to make better rides. They're damn proud of them, and hope you like riding them as much as they do.
Shop Santa Cruz
The single pivot used on our new APP bikes is similar to that found on our highly evolved Superlight and Heckler models. It features a high (but not too high) forward (but not too forward) placement that is about the very best place you can locate a single suspension pivot. The placement creates a slight degree of anti-squat, which allows for lively pedaling response, and the high-forward positioning provides a more neutral braking reaction than other lower, more rearward, locations.
Patented counter-rotating link design allows flexibility to design and manipulate shock rates for a huge diversity of uses, from razor sharp XC performance to bomber tough and ultra plush 10-inch travel downhill duty. Short links (Carbon Fiber Upper, Forged Aluminum Lower) and large diameter axles combined with angular contact bearings bring chassis integrity and handling precision to a whole new level. You won't find this kind of stuff - whether it be quality of hardware or versatility of design or chassis integrity - anywhere else.
One piece lay-up and curing.
By laying up and curing the front triangle all at the same time, Santa Cruz is able to decrease the amount of material used by eliminating overlapping joints that have to be bonded or wrapped with carbon.
Continuing fibers around tube junctions.
This makes their carbon frames incredibly strong and able to absorb impact better than any other frames they've tested.
Net shape lay-up and fiber compaction.
You can't see this without getting inside the frame, but Santa Cruz is more proud of how the inside of these frames look than the outside. No gaps, no filler or mystery material. No resin pools, or glued together sections. No skeletons in the closet, and no rider weight limits either.
- 2009 WORLD CHAMPION !!!
- 17 World Cup wins
- 50 Career World Cup Podiums
- 3 X World Cup Champion
- 4 Silver Medals at World Championships
- 8 X Lisbon Downtown winner
- 2 X European Champion
- 8 X British Champion
- 7 X British Series Champion
- 1 X British 4 X Champion
- X-games Gold Medalist
- 2008 World Cup Downhill Champion
- 2005 World Cup Downhill Champion
- 2004 Norba Downhill Champion
- 2003 World Champion Downhill
- 2003 Norba Downhill Champion
- 2001 World Cup Downhill Champion
- 2008 Junior World Champion
- 2008 British Junior National Champion
- 2008 Junior World Cup Champion
- 2007 Junior World Cup Champion
- 2007 Red Bull VOZI BRE, Slopestyle
- 2007 Rock D'Azur, Slopestyle & Dirt Jump Comps
- 2008 Dirt Jump Comp Out of Bounds, Austria
- 2008 Bunny Hop Contest Out of Bounds
- 2008 Big Air Comp Colorado Crankworx
- 2010 UDUG1 Jamie's Comp
- 2001 MTBA Australian National Champion
- 2002 NORBA National DH Finals 1st
- 2002 Australian National #3 1st
UCI DH #1 PMB
Downhill World Championships - Quebec Canada
Final World Cup 2010 -